I just got back from a week in Milan and I am really inspired! I spent 3 full days at the Salone del Mobile show, where hundreds of furniture and lighting companies displayed the latest design trends. Here are a few photos (out of hundreds…) – I’ll keep them coming during the next few weeks. And here are some of my thoughts:
1) It’s all about mixing it up – mixed materials, mixed styles, mixed colors.
2) There are a lot of raw and tangible materials (that you really want to touch).
3) Color palettes: deep and smoky hues of blues, purples and greens, mixed with soft pastels, woods, metals and glass.
4) Masculine styles side-by-side with softer, flowing textiles.
5) Wall design – everything goes!